Wednesday, May 25, 2016

yeah....no.

I have to admit there there are moments when I swear that my life is a sitcom...but this instance...well this instance I have NO IDEA who wrote the script.


Hi...sorry it's been so long. And since it's been so long - prepare yourself for a ridiculously gif heavy post - because sometimes...sometimes there just aren't the right words to describe how you feel.


So I haven't been updating....but trust me that I have been drafting a lot of updates - I just haven't been particularly motivated to post any of them.

none of the posts just seemed to come out right...until today...

I'm sure at some point I'll tell the many stories that have occurred in the 3 months since I moved to this little coastal po-dunk town...but in the meantime here are some of the highlights in gif form...






tv the office netflix jim dwight schrute



...but we'll get to all of that later...


So despite all of that this is the story for today. 

So Sunny's dad is...well...he's an X for a reason.  He pops up once in a while - he say monthly...but I'm assuming that time passes differently in neverland




Well it's that time of the month - and he texted asking what time would work for his occasional talks. I offered up Wednesday evening. 

That time didn't work for him. which was not the surprising bit. His reasoning being that he's busy being a new dad...


It was his additional response that really confused me. 


"Do you wanna facetime on your break 
so I can introduce you to [my daughter]
maybe it can help the transition to her meeting Sunny"








it took me a minute and i had to read it a few time...then my reason was a bit like this...









disbelief































confusion



























shock


























dismay































denial





























and finally




acceptance


ok nvm - haven't gotten there yet...





















I can honestly say that I never imagined being placed in this kind of situation. Being the x wife  - i honestly just figured I would never have to meet x's future children. Not in the since that I carry any ill will towards them - but rather that it's just not necessary.

and while this is rather obvious.....We're not friends. 

Like we don't hang out. We don't shoot the breeze. We are barely civil at this point. And even with that it's thin ice we're constantly crossing. So the invitation is misplaced in the assumption that we're at the point where we share such things with each other...
Reaction GIF: what?, no, Jason Bateman, Arrested Development

and on top of that...what exactly is there to say to his child...like what conversation is there to have there with an infant. 


He and I have nothing to talk about. So what am I to say to her...




and finally......what transition? Are we assuming this introduction is soon? When would this take place? When did we agree on that...?
Reaction GIF: no, Eric Stonestreet, Cameron Tucker, Modern Family


and with that - who am I helping in this transition? how would me facetiming help us here...

Reaction GIF: no







so here I am...staring at a text message like its a viper in a box. There is no right response. 

Reaction GIF: no, nope, John Krasinski, Jim Halpert, The Office

There is no real response.



So i'm just going to tip toe around it....allow no answer to be answer enough...
Reaction GIF: no



























and just put this right there and walk away...


No comments:

Post a Comment