Friday, September 4, 2015

Over the river and through the woods

I got paid the other day and didn't even realize it.



Ok not that I'm so comfortable I don't even need paycheck. Not like that at all.



More like it's been about a month of no paycheck since I just started and I didn't realize I had an office mail box where they'd been sending me stuff for weeks and I just wasn't picking them up. 

Well I found out yesterday. Best surprise ever.



And a relief since rent was due and I was paying Russian roulette with my land lord. Like here's a check. Let's see how long it takes you to deposit it and hopefully by then the money is in the account...


So far I've been winning in the game. But that could change. 

So I'm really liking the job. It's really different than the last one. The firm culture is different. I'm assuming it's the environment. I mean there's a girl who wears pajamas to work....I was written up at the last firm for not dressing professionally enough because I didn't wear heels...

The office manager here actually pulled me aside and asked me if I realized I was allowed to wear jeans.

That was an awkward conversation. Ummm I only own 1 pair of jeans. And they're not really office appropriate. W/e. I'm wearing them now and people can just deal with the junk in the trunk. 



The firm is located on the coast in a town with only 1 high school (with a graduating class of under 200...and most of the kids walk there. Its really kind of cute...until last Monday when I was in desperate search of coffee and got stuck in this:


ummm....



So now I get coffee at noon...

We have a deal with the local coffee shops so we get free coffee whenever. I've been really getting into lattes recently...


Most of the attorneys live in town. No one else could possibly afford it. The rest of us commute in. 

There are only 3 ways in and out of town which it located on a peninsula. Sort of. North, South, or East. (So I guess its not a peninsula...w/e I cross a huge bridge to get here...that's all I know...)

I live South. But enter East. Because the southern exit bypasses where I live and goes straight to another beach town...

The East exit connects to a major highway. However it's a two lane road. 1 coming. 1 going. Over a river. Through the the woods. Over a mountain.



It's beautiful. Breathtaking

And far as shit. 

And somehow I always get stuck behind a tractor trailer. Like WTF. Do they wait for me. Like 20 miles per hour the whole way. 



The workload is really diverse. Which is nice. I'm a bit rusty on some thing's but it's nice to have a list of duties. So when one thing gets tedious you can just redirect for a while. 

I don't really have any complaints. It's weeks 3 and so far so good.

I really like it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment