Thursday, September 3, 2015

What are you reading Wednesday...well now it's Thursday because I forgot to submit on time...

Wow...I've been really wack. Started the new job and lost a lot of time.

So...Ok it's time for Kaylee Ryan...

I found Kaylee Ryan because her books kept popping up on my kindle as something I might enjoy. I guess enough people with my romance novel collection read her books that it just seemed like the next step.

So...me being me...I read everything available...including the newest that was released in August...but we'll get there in a minute.

I have a love hate relationship with Ms. Ryan...like I buy and read all of her book.


I enjoy them.

but...i kind of hate myself afterwards...

...because they're all kind of the same....


....but i keep reading them anyway...

A new story just came out last week. 


That was probably the first sign. I mean it's hard to read a book when the cover model is just not appealing to you.

and the title: Emphatic

definition: showing or giving emphasis; expressing something forcibly and clearly.

And unfortunately, while the author used the word constantly...i don't really think anyone actually seemed emphatic about anything...

So summary: It's about a rock star and a girl next door and they fall in love. So Kacen (that's the guy)...meets Logan (that's the girl...) meet on vacation in Hawaii. There's some mistaken identity in there...and a bunch of  supporting characters who will most likely get their own books in the future. Logan comes back from vacation and realizes that her summer fling is her new boss and he's a rich, successful rockstar.

I've been reading a lot of rock star book recently...and honestly I'm not even trying to....

So they fall in love and pretty much live happily ever after.



I mean don't get my wrong the story was cute, but there are certain things that happen in every book that kind of drive me nuts.

So the guy is a bit of a whore and then he sees the girl
and suddenly he's the dream guy who rubs your feet, and cooks, and buys you stuff, and sleeps platonically next to you and is happy just to hold your hand...

each book the character even claims "if [my best friend] could hear me now they'd revoke my man card"


There's always an emergency - a death of a distant relative, a fight with a sibling or stranger, that causes the girl to break down completely and usually for the guy to start crying cuz she's crying...


And then they live happily ever after.



Actually like 95% of the time the girl ends up pregnant even though she's on birth control...

and yet after all of that I still buy the books.






So would I recommend this book?


Sort of...


I would recommend at least one of her books. Maybe not all of them. Like one would be enough. 

And even with that I'm not sure that this would be the one I'd recommend. 

Maybe 


or



Those ones were cute...and you get the main feeling of what She's like as a writer...

But...eh...the books are about $3 on kindle...so if you have time and want a quick easy cute read...



No comments:

Post a Comment