Monday, August 3, 2015

I got divorced today

Well actually last week, but I didn't think that would sound as cool in a title as that would. Wednesday to be fact. I spent the day drinking wine and eating tacos. While that might sound depressing it was actually a really fantastic day and exactly how i wanted to celebrate. 

You see I've been waiting for this day for 4 years now. And no one- i mean no one could steal my happiness. 

And so when the early morning taco bell cashier tried to tell me this was depressing...I very cooly replied 


Well...ok it wasn't that coo. but At 8 in the morning with a car full of tacos that's what it felt like. 

I got married at 24. I blame age, family pressure, and hormones...oh i forgot to mention - i was 8 months pregnant. Obviously I was just full of good choices. The marriage lasted under 6 months before we both realized that it was a HORRIBLE idea. However, like any good novel that was just the beginning of the madness...

...but i'll save some stuff for future posts. lets just summarize it as 4 years, 3k miles, another child (his. not mine), 2 jobs, over $4k and finally...Finally...i was free. 

Que the dance break:

So I thought, since i'm now officially single why not start a whole bunch of new ventures. 

I've always figured that your 20s are a time to just make poor life choices...mainly because you can blame them on youth...and by 30 you need to have most if not all of your shit together...

So here I am at 28 with a year and a half to just fuck shit up (well as much as you can with a 4 year old child...) and I thought this would be a fun way of documenting it. 

So here we are....let's see what happens.

-Thoughtful - Ly

No comments:

Post a Comment