Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What are you reading Wednesday

This one is for Claire.

Ms. Contreras snuck in a free book a few weeks ago.


I always love that. When you're randomly searching for a new book on your kindle and suddenly one of your top authors has something up.

and to just top it off...


So I feel for Ms. Contreras when I read the first book in this series.

Kaleidoscope Hearts:


oh man, I fell in love. and I fell in love HARD. 

I went into it thinking that it was just one of these "I'm in love with my best friend's sister"...but wow did things change. Kaleidoscope hearts has so much more. Estelle (Elle) and Oliver (Bean)  have a past. They grew up together. They have friends and common and memories, and jokes. They grew closer and further apart and it wasn't always rainbows and unicorns.  They had tried in their own way to make it work...and well...it didn't...and strangely enough i loved that. I loved how real it was.

I love that Estelle moved on with her life after that and didn't wait around for Oliver to catch up. I love that she dated other people and got engaged and lived...I love that they still loved each other through it. And I even love that things still weren't easy for them when they finally set their minds take trying to make stuff work.

I don't want to give away any spoilers - but in it's own way...I loved that what brought them back together wasn't nice or happy or beautiful...it was real...it was life...


There wasn't anything in this book I didn't love. 

So when I found out that Claire was coming out with another book in the series...and it was about Estelle's best friend...well....




and this surprise prequel to the story...



The full book is coming out September 10th, so I the count down as begun. I think I'll just review everything together because - well...i dunno. I just want to wait for it.


Claire has a bunch of other books out as well.

I really enjoyed Catch Me


It broke my heart and taped it back together and then ran it over and then glued it shut...the book...my god...



and speaking about killing you slowly...

Darkness Series



Just...there are no words...



...yeah...


So that's what I've been reading. Or Torn Hearts anyway...and it just lead to remembering everything else.

But you know me...once I'm on a tangent...

Laterz

No comments:

Post a Comment